Monday, 23 February 2009

Research: Web Designs

Since my role in the group is to produce the Flash animated website, I gathered some research online to see what kind of designs are out there. Since Disney is one of the popular websites for cartoon trailers and such I looked at a few and gained some ideas from them.

Disney's Bolt - I really liked this design as well as being able to click on the buttons on the side to navigate you can also click on the characters and images in the centre as they're buttons as well. Therefore, looking at this website for inspiration was really good.

Little Big Planet - what I liked about this website is the fact that Sackboy moves every so often so its not just a static image, as well as that but once the user has clicked on one of the buttons a second screen falls down.

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li - Looking at different types of websites also helps with inspiration, different ideas and different websites. Though this one was plain with not alot on it.

DragonBall Evolution - This website was a pretty good website, lots of animation, once accessed the trailer shows up as well as the link to go to the main page of the website where all the content is. This is an idea that we'd like to use on our own Flash website.

Final Fantasy XIII - This website was looked at as again like the others it was something different and unique, the design of it was nice and simple which I liked and I also managed to get some ideas just from browsing around the website itself.

I looked at many other websites and only picked out a few to write about on this blog as the ones which I thought were best as well as showing ones that weren't that well done. This is so that it gives us an idea as to what kind of websites are out there. It also helped give me ideas on what I could use on our own website.

No comments:

Post a Comment