Tuesday, 10 February 2009

Character research

Before actual design of the main character started I went online to find images of bears that inspire me and also bears that were cute but full of expression.


Below are some of the imagesthat I fund quite useful for style, scale and posing.


This was a very nice design that gave the bear human qualities, which I liked. My only criticism is that the head looks too small.


Image found at: http://www.artistgifts.com/zoom/artist_gift_bear_lg.htm

This was a very nice design that gave the bear human qualities, which I liked. My only criticism is that the head looks too small.


Image found at: http://www.myfreecolouringpages.com/teddy_bear_colouring_pages/balloon_teddy_bear.htm

This image is quite good, the expression that the bear has creates a very nice mood for the scene which is very important. My only criticism is that the drawing style is too wide and simple
Image found at: http://teddybearsblog.com/2007/10/15/teddy-bear-mp3-player/


I like the scale of the image below, the head in proportion to the body makes the bear seem somehow defenceless and cute allowing an audience to care for the character easier.




No comments:

Post a Comment