Tuesday, 10 February 2009

Character Design

For the main character it was decided that we wanted a small, cute and cuddly bear that would appeal to our desired audience of children close to the age of five. Taking this information I was able to draw a few designs. I then showed these to my group allowing for constructive criticism and alterations until I came up with a final design.

below we have some of the early designs followed by the final one.

to the top left of the image we see a face style that we wanted to take further, but with the eyes smaller


None of these images went any further.


We all liked the image in the top centre but thought both the ears and nose were too big. By combining that style and the face mentioned above we created the bear in the middle right. This bear was chosen by the group to be our main character.



And here we have Mr Ted.E. Bear on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment