As mentioned from my previous post about completing my 2nd and 3rd animation within a few days, I came up with another idea for the trailer therefore I discussed it with other members of the team to which they agreed and said I could create it if I wanted to since I'd already finished the animations I got assigned to.
The final animation which I thought up of myself is, the bear looking into the mirror and seeing its reflection and doing random movements - like its still in shock and coming to terms that itself has come alive and is able to move but not talk.
This animation had to be done in 3Ds Max, as it was much easier to animate in 3Ds Max than it was to animate in After Effects CS3.
Whilst animating this particular scene, I came across several problems. When the bear's head was group with the features I wanted to animate them together but also apart, but when I ungrouped the features with the head the keyframes would be removed. I managed to overcome this problem somehow whilst creating the animation.
Another problem was with the bear image itself, because it was imported in as a flat image on a plain, there were times when it was duplicated or the wrong material was applied to it and the correct image wouldn't apply. Me and my other team members managed to work out the problem in the end.
One other problem was where the bear is tilting its head forward, because its a 2D image, it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. I couldn't get the bear to properly tilt its head forward and was only able to tilt it up to a certain angle whereby the viewer wouldn't realise it's a 2D image.
Overall, I think if the bear had been created in 3Ds Max as a 3D model it would make the animation look much better but it wouldn't be unique compared to other animations out there and since our main aim was to be unique and different this worked best.
No comments:
Post a Comment